Update by user May 07

Since I wrote this review, the owner contacted me right away, both by phone and by email. He was very helpful and concerned and offered me full restitution - a refund of the costs, offered to pay for the fixing of the broken air filter housing unit, and to receive a coupon for a free oil change in the future.

He was sincere, and his offer was very generous. I would now recommend the Hayden Jiffy Lube to anyone simply because I believe that the owner wanted to make things right, and he did so very graciously.

Original review posted by user Apr 06

I took my daughter's 2013 Toyota Camry in for an oil change as a courtesy for her letting me use her car. It was my first time at this Jiffy Lube.

The car was taken right away into one of the bays and I was directed to wait inside. (okay so far...) There was no one in the front lobby or at the front desk so I waited at the desk because I wanted to know how much they charged. No one came in for over 5 minutes. (not okay...) When the service guy came through the door, he had 2 dusty air filters and the oil cap from the car in his hand.

He laid them on the counter and said that they would have to put synthetic oil in the car. (not okay...) He showed me the cap that said 0W oil. I told him my daughter specifically said she wanted regular oil. He kept insisting, so I texted my daughter at her workplace and explained the situation.

She texted back and said to tell them to put regular oil in because that was all she had ever used with zero problems with her car. I showed him the screen on my phone with her instructions. He grabbed the phone from my hand (not okay...) and began texting her, then got frustrated when he couldn't spell the word "manufacturer's", and gave me back my phone. He then told me he would have to notate on the invoice that the "customer declines proper oil".

(okay...) I asked him how much it would be for just the regular oil change (no filters), and he said $51.77 + tax! (NOT okay... but too late to say "NO" now - they had already started without my informed consent). Thank goodness I had a coupon!

I still ended up paying an extravagant amount of $44.11. When I returned home, I hadn't noticed that at the bottom of his notes it said "Air firlter housing broken upon arrrival" (His misspellings) (What?? NOT OKAY!) I texted my daughter and asked her if her air filter housing was broken - maybe from one of her past oil changes. She said, "No, it wasn't broken.

They probably did it because they were mad [about the synthetic oil]." Of course, I understand the service guy's concern, but he was in my face, and the way he approached me was unprofessional). The lack of initial communication about the pricing and not even verbalizing anything about the broken air filter when I paid was suspiciously dishonest.

I will never again go to a Jiffy Lube. No wonder there were no cars there at 10:00 am on a Monday morning...

Product or Service Mentioned: Jiffy Lube Oil Change.

I liked: There were no other customers there.

I didn't like: Whole service experience and price.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 06.

Comments