Norman, Oklahoma

Caveat Emptor

Related: Jiffy Lube - RIP OFF - With Coupon

BUYER BEWARE

Jiffy Lube in Norman

I went to Jiffy Lube with a Groupon. The people that were there were very nice and courteous.

I was told that my air filter needed replacing which was true.

I was also told that my front brakes needed replacing. NOT TRUE.

My son is in auto shop at Moore Norman Vo-Tech. He took the truck to replace the front brakes as was suggested by Jiffy Lube. The truck only had 10% wear on the brake pads. The shop teacher told him that replacing the brakes was a waste of money.

Why would Jiffy Lube tell me I needed new brakes when they were almost brand new?

Were they trying to sell me something that wasn't needed?

How many times have they done that to other unsuspecting customers?

Review about: Jiffy Lube Oil Change.

I didn't like: Lying to me.

3.5
Turnaround Time
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Jiffy Lube Oil Change
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Lied to about brakes / Not specified
Preferred solution Don't lie to customers

Had an Experience with Jiffy Lube?

Comments

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1279361

As a former automotive mechanic I can say many repair shops are honest. Unfortunately many are less than honest and look to maintain their pockets with customer cash more than maintain integrity and a customer's best interest.