Jiffy Lube Didn't Perform Oil Change That I Paid For

45 of 223 Jiffy Lube reviews

I visited Jiffy Lube Store #3399 in Arlington, TX, on November 8, 2015, for a regular oil change. I drive a 2013 Toyota Camry, and opted for full synthetic since that's what I already have in my car and I don't like to change. I drove 30 miles to get to this location, passing several other places where I could have gone, because of my previous experience with Jiffy Lube and their overall reputation.

My tire light was on when I took the car in, and I also had chips on the floor. Those things were also factors in my decision to go there, since they've always inflated my tires and vacuumed my car in the past. When the technician pulled my car around, the tire light was still on, and the chips were still on the floor. Since this was my first time going to this location, I figured maybe it wasn't standard. That is until I went to Jiffy Lube's website and saw that they are.

I received a customer survey during the middle of the week, so decided to fill it out and requested a call or email to address these concerns. What I got back was an email from someone who identified herself as the Guest Service Manager saying "thank you for your patronage and we look forward to seeing you again soon." Clearly, they didn't read the email, or they chose to ignore it. Either way, I haven't gotten an email or phone call to address the issues outlined in the survey.

So, on November 14th, six days after my so-called oil change, I decided to check my receipt for the services that the technician said he performed. I figured if they lied about inflating my tires and vacuuming the floor, whose to say that they performed the oil change or did any of the other services? 1) My tires were not properly inflated, according to the psi on my door. That explains why my tire light was still on. My receipt shows that they inflated them to 32 psi, but they were much lower than that. Nevertheless, the sticker on my door shows that the psi should be 35 for all four tires. When I went to the gas station and inflated them properly, the light went off right away. 2) There's no oil registering on the dip stick. The residue on the stick looks clean, so it looks like they drained it but didn't replace it with five quarts. 3) There's no visible fluid in the windshield washer reservoir, but the receipt says that it was added.

I want these services performed or a full refund of the money I paid.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Requested service not performed
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Jiffy Lube Oil Change
Review category
Service Centers and Repairs
review #735645 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Jiffy Lube? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
45 of 223 Jiffy Lube reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 22 #1230496 Fairborn, Ohio, United States

You lost more money than you think!!!
With no oil showing on the dips tick, there may well have been engine damage from lack of lubrication. That's very expensive.

May 10 #1156962

Don't go to jiffy lube. They tried to over fill my $4000 motor with oil. 3 guys stood around while the one with no experience did the job. 50 min for oil change, every Bay was empty. No refund ,or coupon. Never again. Dave Chapin 702-541 0555

Dec 15, 2015 #1079314

Jiffy lube is a complete rip off..incompetent staff and will try to gouge for services that are NOT needed!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Jiffy Lube. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Jiffy Lube.
Filing a new complaint about
×