1.9
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I always take my car to a Jiffy Lube in Idaho Falls.Last may I took it in and they recommended me to get my differential changed.

They performed the task on the front differential and told me they couldn't do the rear because they couldn't get to it. A few thousand miles later my car breaks down on the high-way. I take it to a mechanic which said the front differential was bad, containing black burnt fluid, and contained metal shavings. (Front differential in this particular car is one unit with the cvt transmission, so it all has to be replaced.) Also they noted only a pint of fluid came out, and that the actual fill hole for the differential had never even been opened.

(Jiffy Lube marks what they do with marker paint.) When returning to the Jiffy Lube, they said they didn't do the differential. When showed the receipt, they admitted they did it, but also admitted they didn't have the right tool to open the fill hole so they added fluid to the vent hole. I talked with the owner after that, which he also admitted that location didn't have the right tool, but he said he thinks it should have been ok. Then the owner and I agreed to have my car towed to the Subaru dealership to see what they thought since they were the manufacturer.

Subaru was going to warranty my car, until they also noted the actual cvt transmission was also bad, burnt, black, contained metal shavings, and only 1/10th the amount of fluid came out. They also noted marker paint on the transmission. Jiffy Lube had tampered with the cvt transmission- even checking the fluid in this cvt transmission is difficult and not recommended because it is a sealed lifetime cvt transmission. Checking the fluid in it requires a special temperature gauge and shifting gears, etc.

Upon notifying the owner of these findings and contacting corporate several times, I have not received a response from the owner at all.

I was forced to hire an attorney and will be filing a civil suit against them, since the replacement for the transmission/differential unit is 7500$!!(Cant file small claims.)

Review about: Jiffy Lube Car Repair.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Damages and Attorney fees.

Comments

The only update is that we have filed a lawsuit.