I went to apply for a job at jiffy lube i dayton, ohio, they laughed in my face and said that a girl should never work at a car place.its all guy territory.

Quote, unquote. it makes me so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never go there again!!!!!! I mean seriously.

im almost 18, and im dying to get any job i can get my hands on. Bc of the economy, blah, blah, blah. But to deny a job to a girl just because her sex is outragous!

Seriously im bout to file a lawsuit on them!then they will re-think there decsion!

Had an Experience with Jiffy Lube?

Comments

#198184

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.I'm a girl and I work at Jiffy Lube.

Three other girls work in that store, one has been there for five years (which is longer than any other employee in that store) and another is the assistant manager.Do not falsely advertise!

moondog_67_2000

I hope you are actually saying Jiffy Lube had denied you a job...How mad are you?

Are you mad enough to make some doe until they hire you or you are given a job somewhere else? If so, just go to your states website for the department of labor and economic growth and file a complaint of discrimination. You see, what they did is against the law. Usually, if you are discriminated against like this either they can be made to pay you a wage until you find another job or they will have to hire you and that whould suck for them for the first year.

The reason? They would not be able to do what is called retaliation.

If they do that, once again, you have the right to aqyire unemployment benefits and or even your full wages until you can find another job with the same earnings bracket.So if you feel like dancing, go get em and good luck.